THAIFEX-Anuga Asia 2020 is happening soon! The largest dedicated food and beverage (F&B) trade show in the region, THAIFEX World of Food Asia, is returning in the year 2020 with the new name THAIFEX-Anuga ASIA. This time it’s bigger, better, and expecting to draw an even bigger crowd from Asia and other parts of the world.
THAIFEX World of Food Asia, popularly known as Thailand Food Exhibition, has been a significant event held annually by Department of International Trade Promotion, Ministry of Commerce since 1991. In the year 2003, the format of the exhibition was developed to be more universal with closely cooperation with two key partner agencies, Thailand Chamber of Commerce and Koelnmesse. Within almost three decades, the event has been recognized worldwide amongst food and beverage industries as well as related business as the biggest
of and most comprehensive food and beverage fair in Asia.
The highly successful THAIFEX- World of Food Asia 2019 last May 28 to June 2, 2019 saw exhibitors representing more than 2,700 companies from 42 countries generated more than 360 million US dollars of the sales values. The top five ranked products on sales volumes were Beverages, Fruits and Vegetables, Rice, Food Technology and Food Service Businesses.
For THAIFEX-Anuga Asia 2020, participants can expect to experience special activities. Highlights of the trade show includes 9 zones:
- The “Street Food to the World” zone: Bringing Street Food entrepreneurs with quality products that surely meet international standards and are ready to be exported to the world.
- The “New Protein Sources (Insect / Plant)” zone: Giving information on New Protein Sources (lnsect/ Plant) as well as showing new protein source products processed from both insects and plants.
- The “Free form Products” zone: Providing information on Free form Products in various categories, such as Gluten- free, Lactose free, Glucose free, MCFA free, and Chemical- free.
- The “The Best of Functional Food” zone: Exhibiting information on Functional Food / Novelty Food/Vegan as well as products.
- The “Excellence Food Ingredients and the Hidden Story of Fish Sauce/ Sriracha Sauce / Coconut Cream & Milk” zone: Giving information on food ingredients and product true stories about fish sauce, Sriracha and coconut milk.
- The “Asia’s Herb to the World” zone: Displaying fresh and processed herbal products being used in the food and beverage industry.
- The “Asia’s Best Franchises” zone: Gathering the leading Thai and international operators in the food and drink industry with the potential franchises to present their business in order to attract visitors and create business opportunities together.
- The “New Faces: The Provincial Oriented” zone: The introduction of new food and beverage entrepreneurs with international quality and potential products originated from the Thai local businessmen.
- “The Standard of Organics”, “Halal to The World” 60+ and Mom & Kids’s Products zones: Bringing innovative products in food and beverage from various newly entrepreneurs.
As the exhibit preps for the 2020 event, the focus of the trade fair remains the same, and that is bring more business, trade, and networking opportunities for the industry. For food and beverages businesses, including SMEs, there’s a lot to benefit from the event. Aside from learning about the various offerings as far as F&B business is concerned, there’s also opportunity to network with like-minded people and find buyers and/or suppliers. Even the chance to find a new venture!
Expect more, including learning opportunities in the industry. “The refreshed brand of THAIFEX-Anuga Asia affirms the global standard of the trade fair as a springboard for F&B businesses in Thailand and Asia to connect with the rest of the world. THAIFEX-Anuga Asia is without a doubt a key business-t0-business gateway for the F&B industry” said Banjongjitt Angsusingh, Director General of DITP.
There’s plenty of time to prepare to be able to attend THAIFEX-Anuga ASIA 2020 as an exhibitor or a delegate. The trade show will be held from 26 to 30 May 2020 (Tuesday to Saturday) at Challenger Halls 1 3 and Impact Exhibition Center Halls 5 – 12 at Impact Exhibition and Convention Center, Muang Thong Thani, Bangkok, Thailand. For more details, visit thaifex-anuga.com. Check the conversations on social media via Facebook: THAIFEX-Anuga Asia and Instagram: @thaifexanugaasia.